The bits of us I like to keep…
Before you, I didn’t believe in the kindness of strangers, but you showed it beyond words. You brought the best in everything, the part of this world I’d never seen.
Who would have thought that thousands of memories can be made with a man you’ve just met? I’d love to tell all those moments we’ve shared, but there’s no combination of words that can express them. And I’ll surely be running of superlative to describe all the feels. But I assure you, I always spent too much time remembering. I find you in the silence of my favorite songs and in between lines of the books I love. You’re the last thing in my mind before I go to sleep and the most reoccurring thought I always choose to indulge.
In some ways, you were my first, and in some ways, you were my last. You are my most special twist of fate. And no matter what happens, you will always be a part of me. And let me share a secret before I end this: there were never butterflies, just fire. 😉
I love when you become so close with someone that you can see parts of each other in one another and you begin to say the same things and steal lines from one another and have a similar sense of humor and can exchange an inside joke with just a glance you don’t even have to talk because you have such a strong connection with them and you can sit in comfortable silence but also talk for hours it’s really hard to find that kind of compatibility
Sharing a photo dump of what happened yesternight with the foodie buddies! Unplanned mini-celebration for my 22nd.
22 Things I Learned About Life and Myself by the Age of 22
- Keep your faith, no matter what. Coz He is our Plan A-Z, and He’s just a prayer away to back us up!
- Learn to let go and don’t settle yet. Days will get better. Strive for more and never say NO!
- Don’t rush things. Great things take time. Easy lang!
- There’s no way but up! Keep going coz we’re everday closer to our dreams!
- Being stuck at home is actually good. Soundtripping, sleeping, movie marathon, staying in bed, just a little “me time” indoor can also unwind you.
- Strangers are God’s hidden blessings. Some of them are heaven’s special package. Kaya, nice dapat always.
- Don’t let mistakes or misfortunes hold you down. Learn from them, forgive yourself - or others - and move on.
- Take risks coz YOLO. You’ll never know what’s in the store for you if you stay in your comfort zone.
- Got the power of making others happy? Do it! Spread the GV. Be a blessing to others.
- Take time to do what makes your soul happy. It drive the stress and negativities away.
- Food is the best stress-reliever, ever. Always reward yourself an overloaded meal or your fav food after those stressful exams and school works. You deserve it!
- Cussing is next to Math. It suddenly become a language when I entrered college.
- Using spring from an old pen keep your charger from bending and breaking. A life pro tip!
- Escaping breakfast, or lunch or dinner doesn’t make you skinny, it only makes you fungry. It’s better to have a happy and satisfied tummy than to be a hungry skinny zombie. So, keep eating!
- You have to watch your favorite movies and tv series on the first day or second day it was released. Coz after 48 hours, spoilers are gonna eat you alive!
- Trash talk becomes a friendly banter when you’re with your true friends. Got the best friends in the world. Shout out to you, guys! lol
- Not everything you read and watched is true, wag masyado pume-fairytale/telesrye. Know what’s real. Accept what hurts. And keep goin!
- Let love find you. Who knows, the one who’s meant for you is still taken or flirting with someone else, let them enjoy the freedom they’ll never get once you have them.
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. Live for today and the future.
- Show all the love you have to your parents before it’s too late. Tumatanda din sila kasabay mo, every second counts. Okey lang clingy, they’ll like it tho. Be the sweetest!
- The world is good as you see it. Choose your focus carefully.
- Turning 22 doesn’t make you old, it’s just another year wiser and closer to God.
Cheers to better perspective and more grown up version of me!
Be A Good Man, Because A Woman Will Never Forget How You Treated Her
When you are good to a woman — even if it ends for whatever reason — she will always remember you. You may never know that, but she will. She will think about the way you made her laugh or the way you dried her tears. She will remember the way she could speak to you for hours. She will remember that you made her feel like a woman, that even when she was wrong, you still made her feel like a woman. You will be the standard for all of the men in her life that follow. If they can’t compete with you or do better, they become bottom of the barrel. You are the man whose shoes no one has yet to outshine. Continue to be that man because there is a woman who is going to adore you and appreciate you for everything you are worth.
(c) Jenessa Michele, Thought Catalog
 The Happy List
"You will have days where you feel better, and you will have days where you want to die. Both are okay. There is no magical cure. You just need to close your eyes, and trust that the waves will pass, and soon you’ll be able to breathe again."
So, here’s what made me happy, recently, despite of having an uneventful life.
- Good news before bed: Dad’s gettin better! Thank You!
- Watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Free overloaded meals.
- Discovered a nearby burger joint from my place.
- Tita’s week-long bday celebration. Foodfest everyday!
- Unexpected convo with someone special.
- New followers and cyber friends.
- Good music from Spotify.
- Hot milo-milk before sleep.
- Approved topic for our thesis.
- Answered prayers.
- Rainy days!
Start joining Camie’s “Happy List” project and let’s spread the good vibes together! Link up now! :))
( Photo credits: jesseydeleon )
I think you could fall in love with anyone if you saw the parts of them no one else gets to see. Like if you followed them around invisibly for a day and saw them crying in their bed at night or singing in the shower or humming quietly to themselves as they make a sandwich or even just walking along the street. And even if they were really weird and had no friends at school, I think, after seeing them at their most vulnerable, you wouldn’t be able to help falling in love with them.
Life, as they said, is hard and unfair sometimes. And as for me, bilang unica hija, I’m having it twice harder, yata? Anyways, that’s fine with me, it’s been 21 years, I am used to it and as long as I have God and my family beside me, I am beyond ok!
I guess, this is the second time I am sharing this on my blog. My dad was diagnosed with end stage renal disease. He’s undergoing hemodialysis. And from twice a week session, we already have it thrice starting today (MWF), with 4hours each session. He’s also taking too many meds to ease the pain and maintain him in good condition.
Earlier today, I was left alone in the hospital waiting for him. Me and my mom used to be together outside the unit waiting, but she has some stuff to do, so I volunteered to take care of everything today. Kaya father-daughter bonding mode: ACTIVATED. It’s been a while since the last time we spent the time together, just the two of us. I missed it. I was holding my tears the whole morning habang kasama siya, sobrang masayang magkausap kami, and at the same time sobrang naawa ako na makita siyang mahina. While I was feeding him, he suddenly give me that smile; that was the smile he used to wear before. Almost one year na din kaming nagda-dialysis, at ngayon, ngayong araw lang na toh ko ulit nakita ang mga ngiti na yon. I super missed that special smile but I can still feel the pain behind it. Pero mas lamang yun happiness na malaman yung hidden message sa smile nya, na lumalaban din siya, no matter what.
Everynight, he and my mom are the only one’s in my prayers. They are my daily wishes. And with just one smile, I feel so blessed despite of the situation were into. I know, days will get better, soon. Thank you, Daddy Bossing! :))
Tagged by Ate Jessie: Idk din bakit kasali ako sa mga ni-tagged nya, never pa naman kami nagkausap, lol. Anyways, thank you for tagging me, tsaka, usap tayo minsan! Airhug! :))
Supposedly, you can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Let’s find out, shall we? So, here’s another tagging game and it goes like this:
- Put your music player on shuffle.
- For each question, press the next button once to get your answer.
- Then write your answer which is the title of the song, no matter how silly it may sound. :D
- How dyou feel today? Brighter Than The Sun ( Colbie Cailat)
- What is your motto? Find You (Zedd)
- What do your friends think of you? Wasted (Tiesto)
- What dyou think of your friends? Chocolate (The 1975)
- What dyou want to become? What I Like Abt You (5SOS)
- What dyou think when you see the person you like? Magic (Coldplay)
- What scares you the most? Summer (Calvin Harris)
- What is x + 6 =10? Breakdown (Jack Johnson)
- What hurts right now? Fire in my Heart (Simple Plan)
- How will you die? Burn (Ellie Goulding)
Actually, gawain ko na toh pagtini-trip ko ang player ko or paghihingi ako ng sign or pagsawa na ko sa playlist ko, constructing questions then turning my player into shuffle. It’s always fun doin this! Thanks ulit, Ate Jessie!
Tagging the first 7 person on my dash atm: avriegerman | sheiscrazyesha | kamealsoo | nitrovillain | coz-she-is-back-baby | tapestry0fgrace | batopiks
P.S. Use your Spotify, if me acct ka dun, for extra fun lan. Haha. :))
Someday, I’ll find a heart that’s gonna love me and we’ll be happy venturing the uncertainties of forever, together.