Be A Good Man, Because A Woman Will Never Forget How You Treated Her
When you are good to a woman — even if it ends for whatever reason — she will always remember you. You may never know that, but she will. She will think about the way you made her laugh or the way you dried her tears. She will remember the way she could speak to you for hours. She will remember that you made her feel like a woman, that even when she was wrong, you still made her feel like a woman. You will be the standard for all of the men in her life that follow. If they can’t compete with you or do better, they become bottom of the barrel. You are the man whose shoes no one has yet to outshine. Continue to be that man because there is a woman who is going to adore you and appreciate you for everything you are worth.
(c) Jenessa Michele, Thought Catalog
 The Happy List
"You will have days where you feel better, and you will have days where you want to die. Both are okay. There is no magical cure. You just need to close your eyes, and trust that the waves will pass, and soon you’ll be able to breathe again."
So, here’s what made me happy, recently, despite of having an uneventful life.
- Good news before bed: Dad’s gettin better! Thank You!
- Watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Free overloaded meals.
- Discovered a nearby burger joint from my place.
- Tita’s week-long bday celebration. Foodfest everyday!
- Unexpected convo with someone special.
- New followers and cyber friends.
- Good music from Spotify.
- Hot milo-milk before sleep.
- Approved topic for our thesis.
- Answered prayers.
- Rainy days!
Start joining Camie’s “Happy List” project and let’s spread the good vibes together! Link up now! :))
( Photo credits: jesseydeleon )
I think you could fall in love with anyone if you saw the parts of them no one else gets to see. Like if you followed them around invisibly for a day and saw them crying in their bed at night or singing in the shower or humming quietly to themselves as they make a sandwich or even just walking along the street. And even if they were really weird and had no friends at school, I think, after seeing them at their most vulnerable, you wouldn’t be able to help falling in love with them.
Life, as they said, is hard and unfair sometimes. And as for me, bilang unica hija, I’m having it twice harder, yata? Anyways, that’s fine with me, it’s been 21 years, I am used to it and as long as I have God and my family beside me, I am beyond ok!
I guess, this is the second time I am sharing this on my blog. My dad was diagnosed with end stage renal disease. He’s undergoing hemodialysis. And from twice a week session, we already have it thrice starting today (MWF), with 4hours each session. He’s also taking too many meds to ease the pain and maintain him in good condition.
Earlier today, I was left alone in the hospital waiting for him. Me and my mom used to be together outside the unit waiting, but she has some stuff to do, so I volunteered to take care of everything today. Kaya father-daughter bonding mode: ACTIVATED. It’s been a while since the last time we spent the time together, just the two of us. I missed it. I was holding my tears the whole morning habang kasama siya, sobrang masayang magkausap kami, and at the same time sobrang naawa ako na makita siyang mahina. While I was feeding him, he suddenly give me that smile; that was the smile he used to wear before. Almost one year na din kaming nagda-dialysis, at ngayon, ngayong araw lang na toh ko ulit nakita ang mga ngiti na yon. I super missed that special smile but I can still feel the pain behind it. Pero mas lamang yun happiness na malaman yung hidden message sa smile nya, na lumalaban din siya, no matter what.
Everynight, he and my mom are the only one’s in my prayers. They are my daily wishes. And with just one smile, I feel so blessed despite of the situation were into. I know, days will get better, soon. Thank you, Daddy Bossing! :))
Tagged by Ate Jessie: Idk din bakit kasali ako sa mga ni-tagged nya, never pa naman kami nagkausap, lol. Anyways, thank you for tagging me, tsaka, usap tayo minsan! Airhug! :))
Supposedly, you can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Let’s find out, shall we? So, here’s another tagging game and it goes like this:
- Put your music player on shuffle.
- For each question, press the next button once to get your answer.
- Then write your answer which is the title of the song, no matter how silly it may sound. :D
- How dyou feel today? Brighter Than The Sun ( Colbie Cailat)
- What is your motto? Find You (Zedd)
- What do your friends think of you? Wasted (Tiesto)
- What dyou think of your friends? Chocolate (The 1975)
- What dyou want to become? What I Like Abt You (5SOS)
- What dyou think when you see the person you like? Magic (Coldplay)
- What scares you the most? Summer (Calvin Harris)
- What is x + 6 =10? Breakdown (Jack Johnson)
- What hurts right now? Fire in my Heart (Simple Plan)
- How will you die? Burn (Ellie Goulding)
Actually, gawain ko na toh pagtini-trip ko ang player ko or paghihingi ako ng sign or pagsawa na ko sa playlist ko, constructing questions then turning my player into shuffle. It’s always fun doin this! Thanks ulit, Ate Jessie!
P.S. Use your Spotify, if me acct ka dun, for extra fun lan. Haha. :))
Someday, I’ll find a heart that’s gonna love me and we’ll be happy venturing the uncertainties of forever, together.
3 Easy Steps To Be A Happy Person ni Fr. Daks
1. Put God at the center of your life. Madaming bagay ang maaaring umagaw ng atensyon natin para maging solid na follower Nya, pero dapat alam natin ang priorities natin sa buhay. At no. 1 nga dito ay ang relationship natin sa Kanya, dahil bago pa mauso ang Twitter at Instagram, nandyan na ang presensya Niya na laging naka-ronda sa atin.
2. Stay in love, and be in love. Ang love naman ay hindi lang applicable sa mga naka-“in a relationship” sa Facebook, dahil ang pagmamahal ay nararamdaman din natin sa mga pamilya naten, sa mga friends naten, sa commitment sa work, at sa halos lahat ng bagay na ni-create ni God. Dahil ang mga taong in love, gumigising ng blooming at hanggang sa pagtulog gumo-glow in the dark pa din.
3. Count your blessings. Don’t stress yourself counting what you don’t have, but rather focus on things that you have. Masaya ang buhay kung matututo tayong makuntento at i-appreciate ang mga bagay sa paligid natin.
Happiness is a choice, at gusto Nya na happy ang bawat isa sa atin. Pero hindi dahil masaya ka, hindi ka na iiyak, hindi ka na masasaktan, at hindi ka magkakarob ng problema, dahil ang mga nakaka-bitter na bagay na yan ay kasali sa ingredients para makumpleto ang buhay ng isang tao.
***June 13, feast day ni St. Anthony of Padua. So much feels lang sa mass kanina, hindi ko alam kung kelan ko huling naramdaman ang ganun. Beyond happy and blessed. Yung super high ka dahil sa Kanya. Yung tipong mauubusan ka ng superlative na magagamit. Yung nauubusan ka ng adjectives para ma-explain yun nararamdaman mo. Ay, sobrang grabe! Thank You, Lord! :))
Don’t forget to sweat.
Sabi nun quote sa google, “Good things come to those who sweat.”, kaya naman ni-tweet ko after maglinis ng bahay. Baka ang pawis ko ng toh ang sagut para mag-glow ako sa mata ng crush kong pabike-bike lang sa harap ng bahay namen. Malay ko ba na ang pawis din pala na toh ang kelangan para ma-realize na ng Mameh na masipag na ako kaya i-eenroll na nya ko sa Autocad, as a reward. Baka ito din ang way para mapansin ako, makakuha ng photoshoot at gawing model ng tigsye-syeteng Sparkle sa tindahan ni Aling Abit sa kabilang kanto.
Oo, pawis lang yan. Latak ng natutunaw na taba ng papalapit-ng-sumexy-pero-na-traffic-nating-katawan. Today, let’s learn to appreciate the little things around us, kapag naipon yan, dadame din yan at yan ang magdadala sa mga pansari-sarili nating goals. Kaya say YES to PAWIS para future 45kgs na nung highschool ko pa huling naramdaman! Haha.
At para sa mga kagaya ko na walang pang-monthly fee sa gym, bahay ang playground ng mga sumisilip nating abs at nagtitibukang biceps. Kanya-kanya lang yan. Bawal maarte. Loads of work are waiting for you sa house (na siguradong mas ikakatuwa ng mga nanay natin kesa tumakbo ng tumakbo sa mga community park tapos byahe naman pauwe). Kaya keep sweating, babies! Good morning!