I missed you even before I met you and God knows how long I’ve waited for you to come around. I didn’t think someone like yourself even existed or that the world would be kind enough for us to cross paths but we did, and that will be something I’m eternally grateful for.
— A Letter To The Right Person I Fell In Love With At The Wrong Time by Jason Witika
The strongest people are the ones who are able to find the gift in any situation because they choose to make the best of what life throws at them. There is a positive in everything you encounter whether it’s a lesson or an opportunity, so choose to find it.
We all have people and things in our lives that can make us a little crazy. That will never change. The best thing we can do for ourselves is to remember that we get to choose how to respond. It’s difficult, and it takes practice, but it is so powerful. And we can do it.
Note to self.
Blogging through pics and bulleted statements:
- experimenting this low light filter
- nag-iinarteng nails, lol
- lurvin ze patched Army hoodie
- lunch at PINO restobar (Teacher’s Vill, Maguinhawa, QC)
- Oreo night with my foodie buddies
- BGC drivin. Jk! More on nagmamarunong sa Global City. lol
- our view from SM Aura Sky Graden
The bits of us I like to keep…
Before you, I didn’t believe in the kindness of strangers, but you showed it beyond words. You brought the best in everything, the part of this world I’d never seen.
Who would have thought that thousands of memories can be made with a man you’ve just met? I’d love to tell all those moments we’ve shared, but there’s no combination of words that can express them. And I’ll surely be running of superlative to describe all the feels. But I assure you, I always spent too much time remembering. I find you in the silence of my favorite songs and in between lines of the books I love. You’re the last thing in my mind before I go to sleep and the most reoccurring thought I always choose to indulge.
In some ways, you were my first, and in some ways, you were my last. You were my most special twist of fate. You were my right man, and I’m the right girl at the wrong time, just like what you said. Lol. But no matter what, you’ll always be a part of me.
And let me share a secret before I end this: there were never butterflies, just fire. 😉
I love when you become so close with someone that you can see parts of each other in one another and you begin to say the same things and steal lines from one another and have a similar sense of humor and can exchange an inside joke with just a glance you don’t even have to talk because you have such a strong connection with them and you can sit in comfortable silence but also talk for hours it’s really hard to find that kind of compatibility
Sharing a photo dump of what happened yesternight with the foodie buddies! Unplanned mini-celebration for my 22nd.
22 Things I Learned About Life and Myself by the Age of 22
- Keep your faith, no matter what. Coz He is our Plan A-Z, and He’s just a prayer away to back us up!
- Learn to let go and don’t settle yet. Days will get better. Strive for more and never say NO!
- Don’t rush things. Great things take time. Easy lang!
- There’s no way but up! Keep going coz we’re everday closer to our dreams!
- Being stuck at home is actually good. Soundtripping, sleeping, movie marathon, staying in bed, just a little “me time” indoor can also unwind you.
- Strangers are God’s hidden blessings. Some of them are heaven’s special package. Kaya, nice dapat always.
- Don’t let mistakes or misfortunes hold you down. Learn from them, forgive yourself - or others - and move on.
- Take risks coz YOLO. You’ll never know what’s in the store for you if you stay in your comfort zone.
- Got the power of making others happy? Do it! Spread the GV. Be a blessing to others.
- Take time to do what makes your soul happy. It drive the stress and negativities away.
- Food is the best stress-reliever, ever. Always reward yourself an overloaded meal or your fav food after those stressful exams and school works. You deserve it!
- Cussing is next to Math. It suddenly become a language when I entrered college.
- Using spring from an old pen keep your charger from bending and breaking. A life pro tip!
- Escaping breakfast, or lunch or dinner doesn’t make you skinny, it only makes you fungry. It’s better to have a happy and satisfied tummy than to be a hungry skinny zombie. So, keep eating!
- You have to watch your favorite movies and tv series on the first day or second day it was released. Coz after 48 hours, spoilers are gonna eat you alive!
- Trash talk becomes a friendly banter when you’re with your true friends. Got the best friends in the world. Shout out to you, guys! lol
- Not everything you read and watched is true, wag masyado pume-fairytale/telesrye. Know what’s real. Accept what hurts. And keep goin!
- Let love find you. Who knows, the one who’s meant for you is still taken or flirting with someone else, let them enjoy the freedom they’ll never get once you have them.
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. Live for today and the future.
- Show all the love you have to your parents before it’s too late. Tumatanda din sila kasabay mo, every second counts. Okey lang clingy, they’ll like it tho. Be the sweetest!
- The world is good as you see it. Choose your focus carefully.
- Turning 22 doesn’t make you old, it’s just another year wiser and closer to God.
Cheers to better perspective and more grown up version of me!
Be A Good Man, Because A Woman Will Never Forget How You Treated Her
When you are good to a woman — even if it ends for whatever reason — she will always remember you. You may never know that, but she will. She will think about the way you made her laugh or the way you dried her tears. She will remember the way she could speak to you for hours. She will remember that you made her feel like a woman, that even when she was wrong, you still made her feel like a woman. You will be the standard for all of the men in her life that follow. If they can’t compete with you or do better, they become bottom of the barrel. You are the man whose shoes no one has yet to outshine. Continue to be that man because there is a woman who is going to adore you and appreciate you for everything you are worth.
(c) Jenessa Michele, Thought Catalog
 The Happy List
"You will have days where you feel better, and you will have days where you want to die. Both are okay. There is no magical cure. You just need to close your eyes, and trust that the waves will pass, and soon you’ll be able to breathe again."
So, here’s what made me happy, recently, despite of having an uneventful life.
- Good news before bed: Dad’s gettin better! Thank You!
- Watched Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Free overloaded meals.
- Discovered a nearby burger joint from my place.
- Tita’s week-long bday celebration. Foodfest everyday!
- Unexpected convo with someone special.
- New followers and cyber friends.
- Good music from Spotify.
- Hot milo-milk before sleep.
- Approved topic for our thesis.
- Answered prayers.
- Rainy days!
Start joining Camie’s “Happy List” project and let’s spread the good vibes together! Link up now! :))
( Photo credits: jesseydeleon )